Rhode Island Country Club has played host to the CVS/Caremark Charity Classic for the last fifteen years, has held four USGA Championships and countless State and local professional events.
- RICC has a long history of producing fine young golfers, and Members are encouraged to introduce their children to this great game.The Golf Shop Staff is more than happy to help you with this process.A junior golfer has not reached his or her 18th birthday.
- Proficiency rather than age is the determining factor in establishing the eligibility of a junior to play without adult supervision.
- As junior golfers mature, they grow their golf skills and an awareness and understanding of golf etiquette.Once their abilities in these areas reach a reasonable level, they may attempt to earn their Bag Tag by playing two consecutive holes under the watchful eye of one of our golf professionals, who are there to provide encouragement and evaluate whether or not the junior golfer is ready to play the course on his/her own.
- Juniors with a Bag Tag may play unaccompanied by an adult based on the availability of the golf course AND with the permission of the Golf Shop Staff.Junior golfers should always check-in at the Golf Shop before starting play.
- Juniors with a Bag Tag may bring a guest based on the availability of the golf course and with the permission of the Golf Shop Staff.
- Juniors without a Bag Tag may play while accompanied by an adult.
- Like all Members, junior golfers should be sensitive to their pace of play and invite faster players to play through.It is recommended for their safety that invitations to play through be made on a tee rather than on a fairway or green.
- As expected of all Members, junior golfers should be considerate concerning golf etiquette, the repair of divots and ball marks, and the raking of bunkers.
- A Bag Tag is required for a junior golfer to use the practice range and putting green unaccompanied by an adult.
- Please visit the Golf Shop for more information on the process for junior golfers to earn their Bag Tags.
- Junior golfers with a bag tag may make tee time reservations two days in advance.
- Juniors under the age of 16 should never be operating a golf cart.